Colorado Asian Culture and Education Network (CACEN) hosts the American Cultural Study Tour and Homestay Program in Colorado for students from Asia.
Our program is designed for students to be fully immersed in American culture, living with host families and learning about American daily life. Students participate in English Language Conversation classes, and explore the city with excursions and cultural tours in the afternoon.
The program offers exposure to American culture that just cannot be found in the classroom. Students get to see the famous Rocky Mountains, visit educational museums and landmarks, appreciate American arts and structures, and taste authentic American food. In addition to learning about American culture and traditions, students have the opportunity to make meaningful friendships with other classmates/participants as well as the Americans they meet during this once in a lifetime experience!
The teachers, counselors and tour guides have a remarkable knowledge of American culture that makes the program exciting, intellectual and unforgettable. Due to the curriculum and schedule of the program, students return home not only with good memories from this educational trip, but also finding that this experience greatly benefits their studies back home.
We are looking for host families for our 2014 American Cultural Study Tour and Homestay Program.
1) One week in July (Date TBA)
2) Students are 16 years old from Kunming, China
3) Host families to provide:
- One bed for each student (no airbeds or couches)
- Breakfast and dinner during the student’s one week stay
- Transportation for students
4) A $100 stipend will be provided to the host family for each student. We prefer for each host family to host two students (and a maximum of four students).